- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how to create a playlist in our cloud-based digital signage software, Mvix CMS. After uploading content to your Media Library, you’re now ready to arrange the files together to create a playlist.
A playlist allows you to manage large groups of content by combining them together under a single playlist name, which can then be added to a schedule and published very easily.
This can be especially efficient for different themes, like holiday content, retail sales, corporate communication objectives, healthcare news, and learning material, and more. Creating a playlist in Mvix CMS is easy with our drag-and-drop feature when adding different media to the playlist. Keep reading to learn step-by-step instructions on how to create a playlist.
What You’ll Need:
Creating a Playlist
- Hover over the “PLAYLISTS” tab and click the “CREATE PLAYLIST”.
- Next, select the files you wish to schedule. You can filter your list view by General, Local, Web, Gallery, Social, Premium, and Licensed, depending on your purchased Package and available widgets.
- Drag and drop your desired files from the list on the left to the empty column on the right. The files will stack in descending order but can be reorganized through drag and drop. You can also drag and drop several items simultaneously by holding CTRL and selecting the items you want to drag.
- Decide on the duration for each file. You can designate the length of playtime for media, as well as designate what hours the media is viable for. Video files cannot have their playtime altered, but can have the number of times they play changed, via the plus and minus icons.
- NOTE: Files can be removed from a playlist at any point. This is done by clicking the trash icon on the right side, and confirming “DELETE”. Name your playlist in the “Name” field and then optionally write a description or add it to a group using the field provided.
- The Playlist can now be saved.
- NOTE: A playlist can contain a maximum of 250 media items at a time. Multiple playlists can be combined during the scheduling process.O
Solutions for Any Industry
Digital signage software is your tool to drive engagement, improve your communication channels, and help boost sales. Each of our solutions is able to display the desired playlist on your screen including:
- Digital Menu Board
- Video Walls
- Outdoor Digital Signage
- Digital Building Directories
- Production/Metric Displays
- Wayfinding Signage
- Breakroom Signs
- DOOH Advertising
- Waiting Room Signage
- Donor Walls
- Lobby Walls
- Digital Welcome Board
- Meeting Room Signage
- Movie Theater Signage
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.