- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Playlist Library allows you to view any published playlist on a particular number of devices, as well as edit, delete and clone existing playlists. Relevant information such as schedule type, name, groups, dates, days, updated time, and status of a playlist will be visible to easily determine which playlists are active or inactive.
What You’ll Need:
- Hover over the “PLAYLISTS” tab, and click “Playlist Library”.
By default, there are several items in the category bar:
- Check Box – Used to select the schedule to remove or tag a playlist
- Type – Displays a preview of the playlist to see what type of playlist has been created
- Name – Displays the name of the playlist, which can also be edited
- Groups – Any groups a playlist item belongs to
- Duration – The total playback duration of a playlist
- Playback will depend on the media, playlist, or templates added to the schedule
- Last Updated – The last time the playlist item was modified
- Tags – Any Tags which have been applied to a playlist
Managing Playlists Individually
Select the gear icon on the right-hand side of a Media Item. There are four options available:
- Clone – Clone a playlist to speed up the process of creating a new, similar playlist with the same devices, days, hours, etc. specified. Cloning a playlist can also help you always keep a master copy for future reference.
- Assign Devices – Assign any particular playlist to a specific device or multiple devices
- Edit – Modify a playlist in case content added to the playlist needs to be updated with new content, more devices need to be added or removed, days and times need to be adjusted, and so on.
- Delete – Permanently removes a CMS playlist and also removes the playlist from any device associated with
Managing Multiple Playlists
- Press the empty gray box to the left of the Playlist Icon to “check” the box and select a playlist item.
Remove or Add Tags to One or More Playlists
On the bottom left-hand corner there are three options available:
- Check Box – Select all items on the playlist list
- Trash Icon – Delete all selected playlists permanently from the Playlist Library
- Tag Icon – Tag one or more playlists
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.