For courthouses looking to enter the digital age, digital signage is the perfect solution for both ease-of-use & automation. But how do you set-up your docket information on the Mvix CMS?
In this knowledgebase article, we go over the important steps of the process including, access, setup, data, branding, and advanced settings.
What You’ll Need
- An active Mvix CMS account with Signature Care
- Internet Connectivity
- A valid Mvix Player or third-party device
Access The App
From the Mvix Dashboard, (1) hover over “Media” then (2) click “Add Media”.
After the Add Media module loads, (3) click “Premium” to open the premium apps. The “Dockets” app will be located on the new header. (4) Click the “Dockets” option and the app settings will load. You can also (5) search for the app via the “Search Apps” section.
Select A Theme & Data Source/Date Range
Now that you have the app open, you’ll be able to begin customization.
- First, you’ll need to (6) select from one of the themes available. All the themes display the critical information for your dockets but have differing layouts and styles.
- After you select a theme, you’ll need to add your data source to the app. (7) Click the “Data Source” drop-down and you will be presented with two options; “Import File” & “Web Feed”.
- If you choose to import your file, you will need to upload a file with the CSV, XML, or JSON type and have it formatted a specific way. Our (8) sample files can show you the proper layout and can be downloaded from the top of the block.
- Once your file is ready, either (9) import your file from one of our available methods or drop the file directly onto the block itself and click “Upload” at the bottom.
- Next, (10) click on the “Date Range” drop down. You will have two options, (11)”Automated” & “Manual”.
- “Automated” includes several pre-selected options based on today’s date while “Manual” will let you select a custom date range to show on your digital court dockets. Test how each of these look a choose the one that best fits your needs.
Customization & Advanced Settings
After your theme, data source, and date range are set, you’ll be able to customize your color/text options and change specific advanced settings.
- (12) Click the “Branding” drop-down to show all the (13) potential customization options to your font types/colors, & individual background colors.
- Once your customization settings are complete, (14) click the “Advanced Settings” drop-down to open your final customization options.
- From here you’ll be able to add your Title, Subtitle, preferred Animation Style & Duration, the Scroll Speed, & Refresh Rate.
- Lastly, you’ll be able to (15) upload your logo to fully brand your digital court docket solution.
After you have setup the theme, data source, date range, & branding/advanced settings, be sure to (16) click on Preview to show what your completed template will look like. Once you are satisfied the result, (17) add in a name, (18) add to a group or select/create tags, then (19) click “Save Media” to save your template to the Media Library.
Once your template is completed, you’ll be able to publish it directly to your chosen displays. If you’d like any assistance in creating a template or have any questions, be sure to contact your solutions consultant.