The Mvix family of digital signage devices are able to connect to both wired and Wi-Fi networks. The type of network that you should connect to will depend on your needs. This knowledge base article will discuss the benefits and challenges that are part of both network types.
A wired ethernet connection is strongly recommended for the Mvix Video Input and Mvix Video Wall models. It is also preferred for all other models of Mvix signage devices.
- More reliable
- Faster speeds
- More secure
- Harder to set up
- May require drilling into the walls
A Wi-Fi connection provides a simple way to connect your signage devices to our Mvix CMS platform. However, the simple setup comes at the cost of reliability.
- Slower than a wired connection
- Internet connectivity may drop intermittently
- Less secure than a wired connection
In conclusion, Mvix devices work with both connection types. If you prefer a quicker set up time, Wi-Fi may be for you. If you prefer a more reliable and a more secure connection, wired is for you.
- Wi-Fi vs. Ethernet: Which you should use and why
- Wired vs. Wireless Networking | Pace University
- Wired vs. Wireless in the Enterprise