- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Depending on the use, your displays would have a greater impact in either a vertical (clockwise/portrait) or horizontal (landscape) orientations.
Mvix CMS offers four options for setting your device orientation to ensure that your media will correctly align depending on your display setup.
In this Knowledgebase Article, we’ll review the steps on how to change the orientation on Mvix CMS to keep your media properly aligned.
Note: Mvix CMS currently has no available options for diagonal layouts.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below:
How to Change Device Orientation
- 1. Hover over the “Devices” tab &
- 2. Click on “Device Library”
- 2. When you are are in the device library, Click on the gear icon
- 3. Then select “Edit”
- This will bring you to the “Edit Device” Screen
- 1. Click the pencil icon to start editing the Device Configuration
- 2. Select the drop down menu for “Screen Orientation”. This will let you choose 4 options:
- Clockwise (Portrait/Vertical)
- Counterclockwise (Reversed Portrait)
- Landscape (Horizontal)
- Landscape Inverted (Reversed Landscape)
- 3. Once you have chosen a new “Screen Orientation”, Click “Update” to change your screen orientation.
Note: You will need to update the device orientation for each of your players separately.
Once you finish updating the device, your display will automatically configure your display to the chosen orientation.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.