- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how to format video playback for use with our award-winning digital signage software, Mvix CMS. Video playback is a highly useful tool in the Digital Signage space. According to MediaMatch, video playback is the playing back of the computer or video content. With this feature, you can playback the contents on your digital signage players.
What You’ll Need:
- Video files
- An encoding tool of your choice (Mvix utilizes Handbrake)
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet connectivity
Video Content Standards
- .mp4 file type
- H.264 Codec
- 30 fps
- Max 5 Mb/s bitrate
- Buffer size 10 Mb/s
- Audio output AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
Formatting a Video
- Launch the encoding tool you have available
- Open the file you want to convert/encode
- Provide your preferred name for the output file after encoding. (Handbrake will always label output as m4v, but can be renamed as .mp4 on your file system, and will work as a standard mp4 file.)
- Navigate to the Video tab, and ensure the correct values are assigned. Typically, they are default and may not need to be adjusted. Managed the bitrate to ensure it is a maximum of 5 Mb/s (5000 Kb/s)
- Start the conversion process to save the updated file. It will typically save to your Videos folder, but you can select your preferred pathing to save the updated file.
- Once complete, upload the video file to the CMS as you would any other. Be sure to rename the file to ‘yourfilename’.mp4, rather than the provided .m4v if using Handbrake.
What Screens Can You Use Video Playback With?
- Video Walls
- Outdoor Digital Signage
- Digital Building Directory
- Production/Metric Displays
- Wayfinding Signage
- Lobby Digital Signage
- Digital Welcome Boards
- Meeting Room Signage
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.