- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how to use the Leaderboards feature through our digital signage software, Mvix CMS. Leaderboards allow tracking of various user data points, to show who’s coming out on top! This can go great with Sales Tracking, Service Leaderboards, or even Social Media items.
In their simplest forms, leaderboards are a database of scoring data. They tap into our natural drive for recognition and status, providing a fantastic incentive for your employees. By publicly displaying ranking based on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as closed sales, businesses create an opportunity to build a competitive spirit and team unity. The leaderboards provide the right balance of teamwork and healthy competition.
Examples of Leaderboards on Digital Signage
Here are some examples of how your business could utilize our leaderboard feature:
- Sales Leaderboard: When publicly displayed on a digital signage screen, the sales leaderboard can drive productivity and healthy competition and build morale in the office.
- Service Leaderboards: Service leaderboards give your reps the fuel to not only push themselves to succeed but to also collaborate to hit team goals. When agents have real-time visibility into the quality of their work, their performance will improve.
- Social Leaderboards: Social leaderboards identify influencers in a network. The scoring allows businesses to see their overall performance as a social brand. Social leaderboards also identify top players to emulate. They isolate leaders who are excelling and point employees to them for mentoring, guidance, etc.
- Philanthropic Leaderboard: You can encourage participation in company philanthropic events. For instance, a company-wide food drive can include a leaderboard showing top contributors.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Leaderboard feature
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click ” ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “PREMIUM category.
- Click the “LEADERBOARD” Content App.
- Select your Theme to choose how the information will orient when put together.
- Select a file as your data source or use the Add/Edit Items tab to enter information with the inline editor.
- When using the “Import File” option, make sure your CSV files adhere to the required format. In order to do that, we recommend downloading the provided sample file by clicking on the “CSV” button on the bottom right.
- The “Web Feed” option will allow you to insert a link to the CSV file hosted on your server. The main benefit of this method is that it will allow XhibitSignage CMS to automatically display any updates done on your side; therefore, it always shows the most recent and updated data. You will need to make sure your .CSV file adheres to the format of the sample file. Additionally, your link should end in “CSV” and point to raw .CSV data.
- Finally, the “Add/Edit Items” option will allow you to manually create each profile. Simply follow the template and fill out the fields with your information.
- Once you’ve selected or created your data source, “Current Items” lets you view the sequential order of items, and make adjustments to any additional items from the CSV.
- Change the transitions and the duration on the profiles themselves, with the Advanced Settings menu. Some Themes come with animation, for example, a spinning half-circle, and you can change the duration of this animation as well.
- In Advanced Settings, you can also change the color scheme of the theme chosen, as well as edit Font settings and how many Profiles you want per page.
- Name the Profiles Media and click on the “Save” button to add it to your media library.’
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.