- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Mvix CMS offers two layers of access: User and Admin. These roles can be used throughout different levels of your business as higher-up administrators have their own permission and lower-level employees will have different access rights.
Let’s review their definitions and learn how to add and remove users.
The Mvix team is responsible for creating the initial client administrator (admin), during the account setup process. This person will become the default administrator for the account.
This is all done at the point of the initial purchase. The default client admin can create additional client administrators as well as client users, as administrators have no limits on permissions. Client admins can upload, delete, or create an object, with the exception of devices.
Client Admins can limit the access and workflows the Client User has access to. For example, a Client User could be limited to only being able to publish scheduled content and would be unable to upload or delete files, or create playlists.
Furthermore, the limit could include only handling one device. Or only a select group of media files. By default, Client Users do not have any permissions enabled and cannot access any objects within the CMS. For the best results, use the grouping feature within the CMS. Groups are a great way to restrict user permissions and workflows.
How to Add New Users
- Hover over the “DASHBOARD” tab and click “USERS”.
- Click the “Add User” button.
- Complete the required fields, and make sure to select the correct type from the “Role” drop-down field.
- Note: Only Client Users can be assigned permissions. Client Admins will have full permission to access any object within the CMS.
- Click “Add” and you will see the new user listed among your existing users. Client Users should show a lock icon next to their name. This lock icon allows admins to edit permission settings. Once you have created the new user, we recommend confirming you can log in with their credentials.
How to Remove Users
- To Remove a Client User, navigate to the Client User page under the Admin menu.
- Find the Client User you want to remove and mouse over the options drop-down on the right.
- Select the “Delete” function to remote the Client User from your CMS account.
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.