- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this knowledgebase article, you will learn how to schedule content in the Mvix CMS for your digital signage screens. After creating your media, the next step is to schedule and publish it to display on your digital signage. In “Schedule & Publish” in Mvix CMS, you can schedule which media should deploy on your screens, scheduling time frames, and advanced settings functionality to ensure your content is updating flawlessly.
Whether scheduling a single media, multiple media, or a playlist, “Schedule & Publish” is the last step to getting your signage running and communicating the message you need.
Publishing your media on your digital signage player or screen is a simple 3-step process:
- Select what media you would like to display by dragging and dropping content to schedule
- Select when you would like to play the content
- Select which devices/screens you would like to display the content
What You’ll Need:
Creating a Schedule
- Hover over the “PUBLISH” tab and click “SCHEDULE & PUBLISH”.
- Your media is located in the first block to your left. Here is where you will locate the media you would like to show on your digital signage.
- You can assign either media, playlists, or templates. (Media is a single full-screen file, Playlist is an array of full-screen files, and a Template is a group of custom-sized files and zones).
- There are three options to find your media if they are not showing in the block:
- Select the drop-down and choose between the type of media: Media, Playlist, and Template, to find the media you would like to display.
- Type the media name in the search bar to locate your media.
- Lastly, you can search for your media through the Groups it is featured in, Contains (use case), and Tags. To search through this function, click on the “Advanced Settings” icon.
- If you would like to view your media as an image grid, click the grid icon right about “Preview”. Instead of showing your media’s name, you will now see the image media. This is helpful in verifying you are choosing the correct media display on your screens without having to verify through the Preview feature.
- If you have more than one media that you will like to display, you also have the option to create a playlist in “SCHEDULE & PUBLISH”. Click the “Addition” (circle with a plus) icon and a pop-up screen will appear to create a playlist. To create a playlist, follow these steps.
- Now that you have located your media, drag and drop one or more media you would like to display located in the first block on the far left where your content is listed to the next block to its right. This is how you will assign your media to the playlist.
- If you would like to shuffle between your media, toggle the “Shuffle” bottom to green.
- You can also enable Time Sync by toggling to green. When this is green content playback timing will be calculated relative to the scheduled start time.
- If you would like to preview your content, click the Preview button.
- At the bottom of the second block, you can view the presentation time and add additional transition settings to your media presentation, such as Fade, Random, or Slide.
- After you have added your media for schedule and advanced settings, now it’s time to schedule your content to your digital signage screen(s).
- Before making completing scheduling options, ensure that the Status is checked as “Active” (default is checked) located in the third block from left.
- To do this, in the last block, select the digital signage player(s) that will be deploying your media. To do this, toggle the digital signage player name green. Once you toggle green, “Active” in the third block will automatically toggle to green as well.
- Once the status is checked as “Active”, configure your media. Select the hours when you would like the content to play (“All Day” will need to be unchecked in order to modify the times).
- Select the days of the week when you’d like your schedule to play.
- Select the date range for your schedule by clicking the drop-down menu and choosing the desired days. You can choose from a preset range or alternatively enter a custom date range in the fields below. When selecting custom, further schedule settings will appear to adjust.
- Click “Save Schedule” when finished. Your media should appear on your digital signage screens or during their appointed scheduled times if scheduled for a later date.
What is Digital Signage Media Content?
Digital signage content is the overall communication you are displaying on your digital signage screens. With that, you need dynamic content to captivate your audience and keep them engaged. At Mvix CMS, you can use pre-designed templates to fill in your content or create custom templates to your liking. The content possibilities for digital signage are endless for every market. There are multiple different content ideas that will engage your audience. Digital Signage content includes:
- Social Media
- Event Listings
- Stock Quotes
- Queue Management
- QR Code
- Emergency Alerts and more!
If you’re looking for content ideas for your digital signage, here are 110 content ideas detailing what you can display on your digital signage that is applicable to every market. Additionally, if you need help creating media, follow these steps to get started with managing and creating digital signage content.
Digital Signage Content Guide
Merely having digital signage displays available to your audiences is not enough. People crave information that is highly relevant and easily digestible so that they can spend more time doing what they want, rather than trying to decipher the meaning of a message on a sign. That’s why it is essential to build out a content and design guide for your digital displays. Here’s a helpful guide discussing content design tips to maximize your signage attraction.
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.