- Applies to:
- CMS v3
After your Mvix player loads to the desktop, you will be able to run a network test on your device. The digital signage player has an Internet option that allows you to run a Diagnostic Test. A network performance test is any process that is used to quantitatively or qualitatively measure the performance of a computer network. Here’s how to run a network test.
What You’ll Need:
- Digital signage player e.g. Mvix
- Network with wireless access (WiFi connection)
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- Display device
If you have all of the above, then simply follow the steps below to run a network test.
Running a Network Test
- Press and Hold CTRL + W (this will close the running content).
- Press and Hold CTRL + ALT + T (this will open a terminal window).
- Type dsv3-stop and press ENTER.
- Hover over the top left corner of your screen. Then click the Mvix icon to see the Internet option.
- NOTE: If you do not see the toolbar at the top of your screen, press ALT+TAB on your keyboard to temporarily switch away from your signage. Your signage may re-open after 30 seconds, but you can press ALT+TAB once again to switch away from it and continue the Network test.
- Click on Network Test.
- Run this Network Diagnostic and wait until the screen says “Press Enter to Continue”.
Mvix Signature Care
Need professional assistance? Consider Mvix Signature Care Support package. Mvix Signature care is designed for complex and enterprise-digital signage deployments. Furthermore, it eliminates downtime by providing mission-critical support. This includes a lifetime warranty, free players every 3 years, faster SLAs, and premium care. With premium care, and personalized training per account per year. Learn more about Mvix Signature Care.