The Importance of Digital Signage Champions | A Guide
While digital signage can be a powerful marketing and communication tool, many companies are failing to use it to its full potential. In order for digital signage to be successful, it is imperative to have an employee or team “own” the system and content. In other words, having key players who are take ownership and responsibility is critical to your digital signage success. These “owners” are known as digital signage champions. Generally speaking they are accountable for the success of your digital signage displays.
Who Are Your Digital Signage Champions?
There are many instances where one team will purchase digital signage and then hand it off to another team to manage. The employee or team, who may already have a list of other responsibilities, may be unaware of the technology and the goals for it.
Without clear ownership from day one, digital signage efforts can get lost in the shuffle, which will result in little to no return on investment (ROI) or return on objective (ROO).
In order to avoid this situation, let’s discuss the importance of having digital signage champions and the other roles within your company that can contribute to the success of your digital signage project.
Why You Need Digital Signage Champions
Before purchasing digital signage, companies should have buy-in from every department. This confirms that everyone will know how their role will contribute to the project and its success. Not to mention, eliminating job task confusion and placing accountability in making sure goals are met. For this reason, having a clear digital signage champion is key.
This champion is responsible for:
- Managing a team of digital signage users
- Creating a centralized communication strategy
- Keeping the content fresh and relevant
- Staying up to date with the newest digital signage content apps and features
- Measuring the performance of the digital signage network
When assigning a digital signage champion, make sure the individual will take ownership of the digital signage network and take the initiative of updating the content frequently and accurately.
Other Digital Signage Roles
Besides the main champion/content manager, other digital signage roles that contribute to the success of your digital signage include:
- Makes final hardware and software purchasing decisions
- Creates troubleshooting and reporting process
- Escalates problems and contacts vendors if necessary
- Selects relevant content to display on digital displays
- Creates content that complements the company’s branding
- Designs templates and just update or add new content to it
All things considered, having someone who handles your digital signage efforts is important. For more information on digital signage champions and their responsibilities, check out our guide!