How do you Reopen in the New Normal?
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a demand for safety products and contactless communication.
As businesses slowly reopen, this demand has grown, driving manufacturers to innovate and manufacture self-service technology for temperature checks and to dispense safety supplies.
But what about “regular” digital signage? The one that’s not interactive? The standard version without all the bells and whistles?
Small and medium-sized businesses, the ones most affected by the pandemic, have traditionally used digital signage to inform, alert, educate, and sell to their audiences.
Post-COVID, these displays will still be relevant. Everyone walking through the doors of an office, hospital, school, church, or restaurant will look at digital signage screens.
The role of digital signage in the new normal
Digital signage provides businesses with proactive and reactive control over their messaging. As businesses reopen, employees and customers will use digital signage as a way to stay informed, as well as ease anxieties.
In early March when the world was trying to figure out what the coronavirus is, we provided free static content files to help distribute public service information.
As a result, April and May saw a lot of non-essential businesses switch to work-from-home. As a result, digital signage was mostly put on the back burner.
With doors now reopening, digital signage has a vital role to play.
- Digital menu boards promote contactless interaction by eliminating the need for paper menus and human interaction.
- Adding QR codes to signage enables viewers to download the information – menus, wayfinding directions, forms – enabling them to go touchless and dodge things like touchscreens or printing out single-use menus.
- QR codes could lead to even higher engagement. Because the user is already on their smartphone, businesses can easily promote their loyalty programs and increase signups.
- With a restriction on capacities, window-facing displays can direct customers to online sites to complete sales and get more services.
- In a stress-filled world, digital signage can calm and soothe anxieties.
The way to achieve these outcomes is by displaying relevant and targeted messaging. In the same way, there is a need for content that reinforces good habits in workplaces, places of worship, retail, banks, restaurants, and more.
Try these videos today!
Consequently, any business can use these free 30-second videos. They are perfect to broadcast important information about navigating a post-COVID world.
We’re providing two options to display the videos on your screens:
We recommend going the YouTube route so you can save on bandwidth and get automatic updates. That way, your screens are automatically updated in real-time.