- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Groups are ways of mapping content on Mvix CMS V3 and managing access to that content. Schedule groups can be used to categorize Schedules as well as manage access to said schedules.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
- Hover over the “Publish” tab and click “Schedule Library”.
Press the “Groups” icon on the Schedule Library.
- The section on the left labeled Groups will show all scheduled groups on the account.
- The section on the right labeled Item will show all schedules on the account.
Adding a Schedule to an Existing Group
- Find the schedule on the right hand under the Item window
- Drag the schedule on the right to the appropriate group on the left.
Adding a Schedule to a New Group
On the group’s screen, enter into the text box the desired name of the group and press Add New.
- Find the desired schedule on the right-hand side under the Item window.
- Drag the schedule on the right to the newly created group on the left.
- This process will need to be performed for each function you would like to assign Groups to.
Assigning Group Permissions
- Grouping can be used to help sort items but is primarily used for Permissions based management.
- Assign permissions to a group with the Gear icon on the Group page you want to adjust.
- Read permissions allow the assigned user to see and use the items associated with the Group, but do not allow editing, deletion, etc.
- Write permissions allow the assigned user to edit or create new items in this same Group.
- You can also color code the Groups to your preference for easy management
*NOTE* Only Admin users can change Groups or assign permissions. User-level users do not have access to Grouping functions and will be assigned their permissions by their given Admin.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.