In this article, you will learn how to publish real-time video streaming (RTSP) content on your BrightSign player. Before we discuss the topic at hand, let’s discuss BrightSign media players.
BrightSign manufactures media players and networking solutions for the commercial digital sigange market worldwide. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, ease of use, and market-leading technology. Mvix can confirm that Series 3, Series 4, and Series 5 XCR BrightSign devices are compatible with Mvix Flex firmware.
Here are some features of this player:
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout and support for all markets including corporate communications, educational institutions, and more.
- Landscape and portrait support
- Offline playback of media
- Video, Images, Webpages, RSS and HTML5
- Remote setup and configuration using Brightsign B-Deploy
- Remote updates
RTSP on your BrightSign Player
BrightSign Flex devices have the capability to display RTSP streaming video through the use of the HTML/CSS Content App. The following are instructions to make use of this functionality. This is a great way to stream media onto your digital signage displays.
What You’ll Need:
- Mvix CMS or Xhibit Signage account and access to the account.
- BrightSign player
- Internet Access
Publishing Real-Time Video Streaming (RTSP)
- Once you have logged into your account, navigate to “Add Media”. Select “General” and then click on the logo “</>”. This will allow you to create a new HTML / Rich Text.
width: 100%; height: 100%;
left: 0; top: 0;
- Give the new media item a name, and save it. This is done in the “Name/Title” section. You can now use the HTML / Rich Text media you created in any schedule, playlist, or template, to play back the RTSP content.
Digital Signage Forever
Designed for enterprise-digital signage deployments, our Signage Care plan offers a lifetime warranty, free digital signage players every 3 years, accelerated issue resolution, and premium content. Intended to enable high system uptime, operational efficiency, and continuous business innovation, the plan ensures proactive upkeep of the signage network. Learn more about Mvix Signature Care.