As one of the core parts of your digital signage solution, your media player is essential to make sure your content shows on your display.
However, your player might not be easy accessible.
To help our clients get a better grasp of their current player’s status, we’ve developed the Device Health Portal. This portal let’s users view important characteristics of their player including:
- Connectivity & Network Speed
- CPU Load & Temperature
- And Device Storage & Memory (RAM)
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below:
Accessing The Dashboard
From the home screen (1) hover over “Devices” & (2) click on “Device Library”.
From the device library, (3) hover over the gear icon of the device you want to examine & then (4) click “Health”
The Device Health Dashboard
Once you access the dashboard, you’ll be given a view of your player status for the connectivity, CPU, & storage/memory sections similar to what is below.
Important highlights of this page include:
- (5) The device name & alias
- (6) An icon that lets you know if the player is connected or not (hover over for more details
- (7) Easy access to view and select other devices on your account
- (8) Your current WIFI Signal Strength
- (9) The current temperature of your CPU
- (10) The current storage usage for your player
- (11) The current memory usage