We have partnered with BrightSign to provide a digital signage solution that combines the best player in the market with the most content-rich software. BrightSign manufactures media players and networking solutions for the commercial digital sigange market worldwide. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, ease of use, and market-leading technology. Mvix can confirm that Series 3, Series 4, and Series 5 XCR BrightSign devices are compatible with Mvix Flex firmware.
Here are some features of this player:
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout and support for all markets including corporate communications, educational institutions, and more.
- Landscape and portrait support
- Offline playback of media
- Video, Images, Webpages, RSS and HTML5
- Remote setup and configuration using Brightsign B-Deploy
- Remote updates
Flex Requirements for BrightSign
Purchase a supported BrightSign device (Series 3, Series 4, and Series 5 XCR BrightSign devices). Some suggestions:
- The recommended BrightSign operating system version is 8.0.48
- The minimum supported BrightSign operating system version is 7.0.60
- BrightSign operating system downloads and installation instructions are located here: https://www.brightsign.biz/downloads/overview
- Empty MicroSD card (8GB or larger)
- Wired Ethernet network connection
- USB keyboard (optional)
- Purchase a Mvix Flex software license
Contact your Mvix Solutions Consultant for more information on purchasing a Mvix flex software license or BrightSign media players.
Prepare Your BrightSign Device
- First, connect the Ethernet cable and/or keyboard, and insert the empty MicroSD card.
- Next, connect the BrightSign device’s power and HDMI cables. Then wait for the device setup screen to appear.
At a computer on the same network, enter the device’s IP address into the address bar on a Web browser to interact with the setup screens. You can find the IP address at the bottom of the screen, listed under “Current Setting”. Alternatively, if the device has a USB port, you have the option of connecting a USB keyboard and navigating the screens directly on the device. In this case, you can use the Tab key to navigate around the screen and Enter to activate buttons. Then click “Next”.
- Select “Ethernet” on the following screen, then select “Use Current Settings”.
- After the network diagnostics finish, click “Next – Publishing Options”. A screen will appear giving four options.
- Now select “Standalone”.
- Enter your desired device name (do not use spaces, or special characters other than – and _).
- Then select “Use name only”.
- Enter a description for the device if desired.
- Select your time zone, and make sure “Production Firmware” is selected under “Firmware”.
- Click “Finish”. Finally, wait for the firmware update to finish.
Install the Flex app for BrightSign
- Download the Mvix Flex ZIP file to your computer from the link provided by Mvix Technical Support.
- This download link can be found in the email with the subject line “Your Mvix Flex Installation Instructions”.
- Remove the microSD card from your player and insert it into your computer.
- Extract the entire contents of the ZIP file onto the microSD card.
- Remove the microSD card from your computer, and put it back into the player.
- Press the RESET button on the player.
Activate your Device
- Power on your BrightSign device and wait for it to initialize.
- The app will continue loading, and then you will be presented with the activation screen.
At this point, use another PC/Mac or mobile device and go to https://www.xhibitsignage.com/activate to complete the device activation form. The Mvix Technical Support team will review your activation details and set up your client account along with your device registration – this process is usually completed within 1 business day. Once your device is activated, the activation screen will disappear, and the device will begin playing Mvix sample content
Schedule Your Content
- Your device setup is now complete, and you can access www.cms.mvix.com using your account login credentials. Moving forward, you will use Mvix CMS to schedule and manage your devices and their playback content.
- Note: To check any new updates to your BrightSign devices, please feel free to check our changelogs here.
Premium content guidelines (Optional) – 4K content playback
For the best 4K content playback performance, Series 4 (XT or XD) hardware is recommended. Series 3 (XT or XD) hardware is supported with limitations and possible reduced performance.
Note: With all BrightSign hardware, video is limited to the top layer of playback and cannot be placed “behind” other content. In addition, transitions will not work with video.
Please refer to the following table for content guidelines:
|Series 4||Series 3|
|Max-supported image resolution||4096x2160px||4096x2160px|
|Max-supported video resolution||3840x2160px||3840x2160px|
|Image zones||Maximum of 1 (4K) or 4 (1080p) image zones||Maximum of 1 (4K) or 2 (1080p) image zones|
|Video zones||Maximum of 1 (4K) or 2 (1080p) video zones||Maximum of 1 (4K or 1080p)|
video zoneMaximum 1080p for WebM codec
|Supported 4K video formats||MP4/HEVC using H.265 or|
|MP4/HEVC using H.265 codec only|