In this article, you will learn how to set up your Andriod player. Mvix offers Andriod players that are supported by our cloud-based digital signage software, Mvix CMS. Our Andriod digital signage players combine the power of the Andriod OS with the flexibility of our software. This is built to deliver on price and performance for small teams, businesses, and enterprises.
Mvix offers the following Andriod players: Acer, Asus, HP, and Chromecast. Here are some features of these players:
- Full-screen and multi-zone layout support
- Landscape and portrait support
- Offline playback of media
- Video, Images, Webpages, RSS, HTML5
- Remote Updates
If you have an Andriod digital signage player, here are steps to set up your device:
Before you begin – Xhibit Flex requirements
- Purchase a supported Android media player
- Highly recommended: Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV
- Also supported: Android devices running Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Wired ethernet network connection (highly recommended) or available Wi-Fi network
- Purchase a Mvix Flex software license
If you are interested in purchasing a Mvix Flex software license or an Andriod digital signage player, contact your Mvix Solutions Consultant for more information.
Set up your Android Media Player
Here is how you will set up your Andriod media player:
- Connect the following components to your Android device:
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Ethernet network cable (highly recommended)
- Power supply
- On first boot, you will be greeted with a welcome screen and various additional steps (these may vary):
- Network setup
- Google account sign-in
- Google terms and conditions
- Disable automatic sleep mode
- In Settings, navigate to the “About” section
- Highlight “Build” or “Build number” and select it repeatedly until a message appears saying “you are now a developer” or something to that effect. (Other messages may appear on the screen before this occurs.)
- Go back to the main Settings menu, and select the new “Developer options” section.
- Select “General”, then set “Stay awake” to On.
3. Install the Mvix Flex Android app
- Mvix Technical Support staff will ask for your Google account email address so that we can enroll your Google account in the Beta opt-in program.
- After your account has been enrolled, go to the following link to opt into the Beta testing program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.xhibitfirmware
- After your Google account has been enrolled, you can install the Flex Digital Signage app in one of 2 ways:
- Easiest – open the Google Play Store app on your device, search for “Xhibit Flex Digital Signage” and install the app.
- Another option – on your desktop PC, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xhibitfirmware. You can then click on the “Install” button and install it remotely to your Android device.
4. Activate your Android Media Player
- On your Android device, open the newly installed “Xhibit Flex Digital Signage” app.
- The app will continue loading, and then you will be presented with the activation screen:
- At this point, use another PC/Mac or mobile device and go to https://www.xhibitsignage.com/activate to complete the device activation form
- The Mvix Technical Support team will review your activation details and set up your client account along with your device registration. This process is usually completed within 1 business day.
- Once your device is activated, the activation screen will disappear, and the device will begin playing Mvix sample content
5. Schedule Your Content
- Your device setup is now complete, and you can access https://www.xhibitsignage.com using your account login credentials
- Moving forward, you will use Mvix CMS to schedule and manage your devices and their playback content