- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how to display the date on your digital signage screens. Through the Date Content app on Mvix CMS, you are able to display the date through animated, engaging themes to keep your audience up-to-date with the current day.
Just like displaying the weather or a calendar, displaying the date on digital signage might not seem like a big deal. However, it is one of those critical aspects that will make your audience look at your screens, and they will, in turn, see your other messages. Most people check their cellular devices to see the time and the date. Instead of looking at devices, this puts their eyes on your screen, offering a bigger opportunity to see an additional message.
The Date feature allows you to display today’s date or a specific date on your digital signage screen. It is great for pairing with Clock Media, Events, and Timers Content apps to help highlight specific dates of the year. For example, when combined with our Clock or Weather feature, you can build the perfect dashboard to keep your employees up-to-date.
The Date Content App is ideal for multiple different industries:
- Corporate Offices: Deploy this content app in breakrooms and meeting rooms to keep employees up-to-date with the current date, especially when signing contracts.
- Healthcare Facilities: When emergencies occur, visitors can lose their sense of time and focus. Additionally, with doctors and staff working long shifts, it’s easy to lose track of the date and time. This feature keeps all parties aware of the current date allowing them to focus on more important situations at hand.
- Educational Institutions: Every paper tuned in needs to have a date. Place digital signage screens in the lobby of your educational institution or inside your classrooms displaying the date minimizing the repeated question, “What’s today’s date?”
- Financial Institutions: Time is money and making sure every document has the correct information is critical. Place digital screens behind counters so staff and customers are writing the correct date to prevent future form and account errors.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Date Content App
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
Displaying a Date
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “LOCAL” icon.
- Click the “DATE” app.
- Choose a theme to display the date.
- Under “SHOW”, you can display the current date or a date of your choice. Toggle to highlight “
SHOW TODAY” to display today’s date. Toggle to highlight “SHOW SELECTED DATE” to display a date of your choice and enter it below.
- Under “BRANDING”, you can customize your theme:
- Choose the Font Style of your Theme.
- Choose the text color of your Theme.
- Note: “BRANDING” customizations vary within themes.
- Under “ADVANCED SETTINGS”, you can customize the theme’s outer background.
- Choose between a Default white background or an Image.
- When choosing to use an Image, “BACKGROUND SETTINGS” will appear where users can choose an image as their background. These images are images uploaded into your media library.
- Note: Images need to be less than 1920×1080 px.
- After choosing an image, choose the image size. The size of the image can be its actual size or the image can be stretched to fit the background.
- Note: “ADVANCED SETTINGS” customizations vary within themes. Some themes do not offer background image customization.
- Click OK when all settings have been customized to your liking.
- Next, click “PREVIEW” to see a preview of your media to ensure it is formatted in the correct style and apply changes if needed.
- Lastly, once you are satisfied, name your media under “NAME/TITLE” and save by clicking “SAVE MEDIA” to your Media Library.
Digital Signage Forever
Designed for enterprise-digital signage deployments, our Signature Care plan offers a lifetime warranty, free digital signage players every 3 years, accelerated issue resolution, and premium content. Intended to enable high system uptime, operational efficiency, and continuous business innovation, the plan ensures proactive upkeep of the signage network. Learn more about Mvix Signature Care.
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.