- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Leverage our News feature to display the latest news headlines and stories to keep your audience in the know. When you display the news using our CMS, it allows you to display a syndicated news feed on your digital signage screen. This helps your audience stay informed and engaged. Displaying news on digital signage also attracts eyes and enables your target to see your important messages.
The news has slowly moved from paper to digital. Although you can still find paper versions, most individuals are turning to screens for their news. Whether it be their phones or their computers. With digital signage, you can display the news stories you want for your visitors. Furthermore, you can incorporate social media such as Twitter and YouTube too.
With a variety of news and media options available, select the station that best resonates with your chosen audience. For example, it may make sense to display ESPN in a gym and CNN at a bank.
When paired with the Weather or RSS content application, you can change your digital signage into a professional-looking display. For example, you can have one zone with the news and another with the company branding, and another one with images or text.
3 Steps to Displaying News
There are two ways you can display the news on your digital signage: select from a pre-automated list of news channels located in our CMS or enter a URL for custom configuration. Here are 3 easy steps to displaying the news on your digital signage screens:
- Choose a source: Select the latest news and stories from several news outlets such as CNN, ESPN, BBC, TMZ, and more.
- Customize the Branding: Customize the colors, fonts, and transitions to represent your branding accordingly.
- Display with Updates in Real-Time: the news content feature allows you to customize how often you would like it to refresh, keeping your audience engaged.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the News feature
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
Displaying the News
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “Premium” category.
- Click on the “News” App.
For Quick Configuration
- In the Channels menu, select the category of feed you want to display, then choose your preferred source.
- Select the Theme you would like to have your feed display in, and assign any additional adjustments via the Advanced Settings Menu.
- Preview your News Feed to confirm the Theme and other settings.
- Name the feed.
- Click the “Save” button to add the feed to your “MEDIA LIBRARY”.
For Custom Configuration
- Select the Custom tab and apply your preferred news Source URL.
- Follow the instructions under the Quick Setup guide to select a theme and make any additional adjustments, then Name and Save this Media to your Media Library.
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.