What is an interactive playlist? How do you use it? Let’s review what you will need to be able to use this feature in Mvix CMS to create interactive playlists.
Interactive playlists is an easy way to provide an interactive way to cycle content on your touchscreen device by letting users either swipe or tap in order to cycle between content.
What You’ll Need
In order to use an interactive playlist, you’ll first need a touch-capable digital signage player. In addition to the player you will also need a touch-capable display.
Lastly, you’ll need a license of Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package as well as internet connectivity to remotely control and manage your screens.
How to add Interactive Playlists
- From the CMS home screen, hover over the “Playlists” tab, and click “Interactive Playlist“. You will be brought to the below screen.
- From here, you’ll have a few options for selecting the media you want in your playlist.
- You can either (1) add new media to your media library, or select the (2) category and (3) media type to (4) showcase the compatible content that’s already in your media library.
- Once you have located the media you would like in your interactive playlist, simply (5) drag and drop into the “Playlist Items” box on the right.
- After you have selected all the media files you would like to use in your playlist, you can (6) change the view to show a preview of the images. This can help you get a better idea of your order of items.
- You can also (7) review the current tags, or (8) delete an item from the playlist if it was accidentally added.
- But how does your audience cycle between items in the playlist? The (9) drop down selector offers four options:
- Arrows – Arrows are overlaid on the left and right to cycle between media
- Double Tap – Click twice to go to the next media item
- Single Tap – Click once to go to the next media item
- Swipe – Hold down and swipe either left or right to go in the corresponding direction
- Once the setup is complete, (10) click Preview to bring up the preview window so you can see your content before you push it to your screen.
- After you’ve previewed your interactive playlist and are happy with the setup, add a relevant name to the playlist to the (11) Playlist information then save it to your playlist library by (12) clicking Save Playlist.
You’ll then be able to publish the playlist to your device. You can always come back to manage this playlist via the playlist library if you need to make any changes. In other words you are always able to go back and edit your playlists as you see fit.