In this article, you will learn how to use two-factor authentication in XhibitSignage. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a secure login method that helps keep your information safe by adding an additional layer of security to enterprise accounts. This is done by linking your login to a secondary access point: either another email or your mobile phone via SMS. With two-factor authentication, logging on to the CMS will require two forms of identification to ensure the correct person is accessing data and the overall account. The second authentication requires confirmation of a code that is sent to the email address on file or the cell phone number on file. The code is sent via email or SMS and the user will have to enter the numbers to access into the account.
Benefits of Having Two-Factor Authentification:
Two-Factor Authentication is vital for keeping the information in the right hands. Here are some benefits of deploying two-factor authentication to your account:
- Prevents unauthorized access to your account: With this extra step in place, ensures that only the right people in your workplace have access to our CMS.
- Easy passcode generator: Our two-factor authentication provides an easy, yet efficient way to gain access to your account.
- Passwords generate in real-time: This makes the password more secure and user-friendly.
What You’ll Need:
- CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- A secondary access point (email or phone number)
How to Enable 2FA
- 2FA is entirely activated on the Mvix side of XhibitSignage. If you would like this feature activated, please reach out to your Solutions Consultant to discuss purchase or activation if it is included in your Feature Package.
How to Use 2FA
- Once enabled on your account, all Users will be requested to log in via 2FA login. You will be prompted to supply a provided login code via their assigned phone number on the CMS, or via their email.
- Enter the supplied code from your SMS message/email.
- Click Verify, and you will be logged in to the CMS. This is provided the code is correct and is still valid.
- (NOTE: Codes will be valid for five minutes, after which they will need to be resubmitted.)
Which Markets Can Benefit from Two-Factor Authentification?
Adding an extra layer of protection against your data will ensure that hackers and unauthorized personnel never gain access to company information. These markets can benefit from two-factor authentification on our CMS:
- Corporate Businesses
- Enterprise Businesses
- Government Institutions
- Healthcare Facilities
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Educational Institutions
Digital Signage Forever
Designed for enterprise-digital signage deployments, our Signature Care plan offers a lifetime warranty, free digital signage players every 3 years, accelerated issue resolution, and premium content. Intended to enable high system uptime, operational efficiency, and continuous business innovation, the plan ensures proactive upkeep of the signage network. Learn more about Mvix Signature Care.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.