- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how the schedule library works in Mvix’s cloud-based digital signage software, Mvix CMS.
Schedule Library allows you to view any published schedule on a particular number of players, as well as edit, delete and clone existing schedules. Relevant information such as schedule type, name, groups, dates, days, updated time, and status of a schedule will be visible to easily determine which schedules are active or inactive.
The schedule Library’s layout is similar to the device library in terms of layout. You will find from right to left, the media type, the name of the media, the start/end date of the media, the days it will be deployed, last updates, status, groups, and more management options.
There are multiple ways you can manage our schedule library as well. Content can be grouped together to perform bulk tasks or they can be managed individually. We also show you how to add tags to each piece of content so that it can be recognizable and will be able to know which screen the content is displayed.
Which Markets Can Find this Useful
What You’ll Need:
- Hover over the “PUBLISH” tab and click “Schedule Library”.
By default, there are several items in the category bar.
- Check Box – Used to select the schedule to remove or tag a schedule
- Type – Displays a preview of the schedule to see what type of schedule has been created
- Name – Displays the name of the schedule, which can also be edited
- Groups – Any groups a schedule item belongs to
- Duration – The total playback duration of a schedule
- Playback will depend on the media, playlist, or templates added to the schedule
- Last Updated – The last time the schedule item was modified
- Tags – Any Tags which have been applied to a schedule
Managing Schedules Individually
Select the gear icon on the right-hand side of a Media Item. There are four options available:
- Clone – Clone a schedule to speed up the process of creating a new, similar schedule with the same devices, days, hours, etc. specified. Cloning a schedule can also help you always keep a master copy for future reference.
- Assign Devices – Assign any particular schedule to a specific device or multiple devices.
- Edit – Modify a schedule in case content added to the schedule needs to be updated with new content, more devices need to be added or removed, days and times need to be adjusted, and so on.
- Delete – Permanently removes a CMS schedule and also removes the schedule from any device associated with it.
Managing Multiple Schedules
- Press the empty gray box to the left of the Schedule Icon to “check” the box and select a schedule item.
Remove or Add Tags to One or More Schedules
In the bottom left-hand corner, there are three options available:
- Check Box – Select all items on the schedule list
- Trash Icon – Delete all selected schedules permanently from the Schedule Library
- Tag Icon – Tag one or more schedules
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.